Real-time content is growing by leaps and bounds. You can find all kinds of live content online, from football teams, educational organizations, influencers, and gamers.
Companies and content creators have realized that a live stream is an excellent tool, generating more engagement and being watched more and more around the world.
Maybe you’re still wondering if going live is right for you and if the results will be worth it.
Today, I’ve compiled 20 live streaming statistics – the ones that really matter – to help you better understand this phenomenon and determine how you can benefit from it.
1. The online live streaming industry has grown 99% between April 2019 and April 2020.
2. The live streaming market will be worth over $247 billion by 2027.
3. 47% of live streaming video viewers worldwide are watching more live videos than a year ago.
4. 68% of American adults say they at least occasionally get news from social media.
5. 63% of sports fans are interested in paying for an all-sports over-the-top channel.
6. 45% of live video audiences would pay for live, exclusive, or on-demand video from a favorite team, speaker, or performer.
7. 82% of Twitch users say sponsorships are good for the gaming industry.
8. 35% of marketers use live video.
9. Facebook live videos produce 6x the interactions as regular videos.
10. 67% of viewers are more likely to buy a ticket to a similar concert or event after watching a live video of an event.
11. 67% of viewers say the quality is the most important factor when watching a live stream.
12. Millennials are the largest group of consumers of live content. 63% of people ages 18-34 are watching live-streaming content regularly.
13. 90% of people watch videos over the internet.
14. Video marketers use video content to reduce the necessity of support calls. There are reports that support calls have been reduced by 43% thanks to videos.
15. 89% of people worldwide use streaming services to listen to music.
16. The watch time of live streams grew by 250% in 2020.
17. 54% of consumers prefer to see video content by the brands they follow.
18. Live videos get 27% more minutes of watch time than on-demand content.
19. PC users generate the longest live streaming view time.
20. Facebook live search increased by 330%.