As a Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer, you will be designing and developing Automation Tests and detailed test plans based on product requirements. The Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer is essential to enhancing established test harnesses as well as logging and verifying defect fixes. The Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer position is responsible for participating in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing.
As part of the Quality Assurance (QA) Automation team you will be working on the primary automation of test cases related to our core platforms. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, a strong team contributor, problem solver, and eager to learn new skills while taking pride in testing quality software.
Additional responsibilities of the Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer include:
- Design / Develop Automated Test Scripts / Scenarios
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Developers and other QA team members as required on Acceptance criteria that need to be tested
- Develop and Execute thorough test plans in a timely and efficient manner
- Follow / Improve the Quality of the Testing Processes
- Be familiar with current new technologies and incorporate them into testing process as needed
- 3+ years of direct experience in software quality assurance Automation
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks
- Automated Testing with Cucumber and/or Selenium
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
- Knowledge of software testing practices, including test planning, test automation – API and UI, and defect management
- SmarteScript, SmarteX, or other test automation tools such as QTP, WinRunner, Markdown, etc.
Web UI testing experience
- Apiary Dredd tool which is integrated with out API Blueprint documentation.
- Mobile platform testing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Understanding of services (example: REST), JSON and XML data formats
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Database Tools (at least 1 of the following): Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQL Developer or other query tools
- Other Tools (at least 1 of the following): TravisCI, GIT, Putty, WinScp
- SQL Scripting
- Knowledge of CI to create builds using TravisCI
- Agile/ Scrum/ XP
- Knowledge of both Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD)
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline.